Sunday, March 29, 2009

Grateful Memories

Tonight, I'm filled with grateful memories of my "youth," being married to Pete. He was, at times, very attentive with me. He'd come out with very "romantic" lines, like, "I've seen you more beautiful, but I can't remember when." There were times when we'd be in a crowded room, with everyone "decked" out for an evening of dining and dancing; at an Officer's Club on some military base, for example, and he'd get close to me and ask, "How does it feel to be the most beautiful girl in the room?" Or something like, "Has anyone ever told you, you have the most beautiful lips in the world?" Of course, I have to admit, I used to spend a lot of time, getting myself ready for these occasions. As a result, we got into the "routine," of Pete going down the the lounge, ahead of me, whenever we stayed at hotel, or base. Peter really enjoyed sitting at a bar, drinking a (dry) Martini, waiting for me to arrive. Ahh, those were the days..... to be in love.....

No comments:

Post a Comment