Monday, March 16, 2009

Writing a book on a Blog

I've been really hesitant to write my next book on my Blog. Although I had started a children's book about dogs, I've recently switched gears to a much more serious piece. Another non-fiction story about a tremendous and rare experience I had, in trying to save a dear friend's life. It was a battle of a lifetime, for about one month's time. I never worked so hard in my life; around the clock for nearly two weeks straight, times two. I had to take 10 days off to travel back home to Florida from his home in North Carolina, for some personal business. During that time, he landed back in the hospital, after I nearly had him on the road to recovery. Got him back home again, and lost him after about one week. He did not receive the physical healing I was working so hard for, but in the process, he did receive a Spiritual healing. And we finally could connect, spiritually. That was the only thing missing in our seven year relationship. It was so beautiful. We sang beautiful songs together and to each other. We prayed outloud together. We chanted. I feel I have to write this story.
On a personal note, I feel like I am an "Angel of Death." Besides my experience with my first husband's death, and this dear friend of mine's death, I also was called in to help a former (favorite) patient of mine die last year. It's a recurring theme. That was the only case, where I knew I was being called upon to help someone die; not live. In this last case, I was in absolute denial. And with my husband, my denial went up to the night before he past.
I have been "journaling" about this experience, and I feel it may be time to actually start writing it on my Blog. Still hesitant.

No comments:

Post a Comment